December 17, 2015

CCBill Profiles: Paul Kluzak

Many of you may know Paul Kluzak, perhaps first running across his name as CCBill Paul from the boards. As 2015 comes to an end, we are honored to have some of our team members, including Paul, nominated for XBIZ Exec Awards. With that in mind, here is a closer look at Paul, and how his expertise and experience is helping the industry.

CCBill: What do your customers value most about you?

Paul: Besides my impeccable style and devilishly good looks? In all seriousness I think my customers would describe me as knowledgeable, committed, and responsive. I pride myself on being an expert resource in the payments industry. I am devoted to helping my clients grow their businesses, and I follow up when I say I will. I think that sums up CCBill, too, which is one of the reasons I love our brand!

CCBill: How long have you been working in this industry?

Paul: I started at CCBill in late 2001 and it’s been a great ride so far. I honestly cannot see myself doing business in another industry. I will never forget in the early 2000s, managing in the call center, and if you had ESPN.com on your screen someone may have commented but if you had an adult site up, you were doing your work.  

CCBill: What inspired you to start in this business?

Paul: I have always been driven and fascinated by technology and innovation. What better industry for that than adult ecommerce? 

CCBill: What has been your biggest accomplishment?

Paul: My biggest accomplishment outside of getting this second nomination and business in general, is coming back from open heart surgery to complete four Ironman triathlons to date. The Ironman motto is, ‘Anything is possible’ and that’s what I live my life by.

CCBill: Is this your first nomination?

Paul: This is my second XBIZ Executive Award nomination! In 2015 I was very honored to be awarded the Business Development Executive of the Year by XBIZ and my peers. I am over the moon just to be nominated for Brand Ambassador of the Year this time and it’s always a great feeling to be recognized by your colleagues and peers.

CCBill: Any advice for new webmasters just getting started?

Paul: Make sure you’re being innovative and creative. You must understand today’s buyer and it is harder than ever to reach the younger consumers. The new businesses that are surviving and thriving today are those that either have a brilliant new product or those that are catering to a very specific audience. Long gone are the days of just entering the industry and making a ton of quick cash with just any product. You really need to understand the industry itself and finding seasoned veterans to bounce ideas off of is a great place to start.     
CCBill: Any other words of advice?

Paul: Never give up. 

Voting for 2016 XBIZ Exec Awards is now open at xbiz.net.